I cannot believe that today is the last day of Janathon! I have been so busy at work this week that I have a sad sense of not having savoured these last days as I could have done …
I don’t usually work on Fridays, but today I had Safeguarding Training. Originally I had planned to get to the training centre by bus, take my running gear and heroically run the 3.3 miles home afterwards.
But then the weather forecast put me off.
Instead I walked this morning (3.3 miles) and another 2.1 miles at lunch time. Because by then it was pouring with rain I took advantage of being right next to the shopping centre – so I walked round the whole complex a couple of times and took some pictures along the way.
After work I ran from the bus stop back to my house. In the rain, dressed in jeans and rain coat, and carrying my work bag – so I didn’t really look the part. It’s only 0.7 miles, but I felt it brought closure to this Janathon.
Here are my impressions of CentreMK:
Time to recap and reflect on my Janathon experience:
- Teenage daughter is still with Drum-and-Bass boyfriend and things are getting serious enough for there to be talk of “getting to meet him”.
- Still tempted to get a smart phone for that coveted GPS app … but haven’t done it yet. I’m hoping to talk my daughter into giving me her old one.
- The rescued teddy was never claimed and now lives with us.
- I have made a bunch of blogger/runner friends and have read some very inspiring posts along the way. Without you all I would not have kept it up. Thank you!
The times I didn’t feel like going out running and found myself thinking “If X can go our for a run after work, then I can too!”
- My blog received nearly 350 views and over 100 comments.
- I have toughened up and learned to run in weather and road conditions I would not have considered running in prior to Janathon. I have learned that you can put up with most things for an hour or so. And that getting wet and muddy doesn’t kill you.
- Although it wasn’t a particular aim, I have lost the couple of pounds I had put on over the Christmas and New Year period.
- I am considering trying out the local running group next Tuesday …
- … and might put my name down for a 10K in March at the MK Festival of Running. Come down for a 5K, a 10K or a half marathon!
- And perhaps most importantly, Janathon has helped me through the most dreary month of all – the glum and grey January! Considering it was meant to be the wettest January in 100 years it has not felt too bad. Most runs were dry or nearly dry. And we had little frost and NO SNOW!
I am hoping that the running club and the 10K in March will keep my motivation going.
And I might even write the odd blog or two …
Overall I have logged 30 hours of exercise. (You don’t have to be a maths genius to know that that’s nearly an hour a day.)
And I have covered a distance of over 150 miles. That would get me to Exeter, Blackpool or Dunkirk!
It has been fun!
Total running: 62.6 miles
Total walking: 50 miles
Total cycling: 41 miles
Total Yoga: 2 hrs
Total Jhoom: 1 hr